Advertisement

Looking for senior advisors for a gaming startup, potentially to join full time

Started by August 28, 2024 05:48 AM
1 comment, last by TheAceMan123 2 weeks ago

Hello all! So glad I found this forum. I am in the planning stages of a gaming project, starting part time but I hope would turn into a funded startup soon since I have connections with investors. I come from an extensive media and entertainment technology background (18 years experience) but not gaming, so would love to bring on an advisor to help.

I am looking for senior level folks (6+ years of experience, ideally 8+) who are interesting in getting involved with startups. Can be either a game developer, graphics software engineer, or 3D modeler / designer, having built games at gaming companies, platforms like Unity, or at modeling/creative software companies.

Can assign equity for your help in the beginning, or cash after fund raise - all flexible and negotiable.

If that sounds interesting, I'd love to do a quick intro call!

Also let me know if there are other sites/resources/events where I can find such folks.

Thanks,

Advertisement

katty867 said:

Hello,
GameDevFinder: This platform helps you find game development collaborators by allowing you to search for the perfect partners for your project.
Lemon.io: Known for matching startups with top-tier developers, Lemon.io can help you find experienced game developers and other tech talent.
Toptal: A well-known platform for hiring top tech talent, including game developers.
Upwork: A popular freelancing platform where you can find a wide range of tech professionals, including game developers.
LinkedIn: Leveraging your professional network on LinkedIn can be a great way to find experienced individuals interested in startup opportunities.
Additionally, attending industry events and conferences such as the Game Developers Conference (GDC) or IndieCade can be valuable for networking and finding potential collaborators.
Would you like more information on any of these platforms or events?

Thanks Katty. Generally speaking the folks on these websites are either too young (just starting out) or if they are more experienced/senior they are looking to get hired/paid cash to do work.

I am primarily looking for an experienced collaborator or advisor, who is willing to help with some general advice and guidance (say 1 hour / week) for equity in the company.

By the way, do you know of any events in NYC?

Advertisement